Guest Post By Linda Ripoll of CounterCultureBeauty.com
All that glitters is definitely glamorous! Glittering nails are always a big trend during the holidays. No matter what your style or preference, there are so many fun ways to wear glitter this season. Here are a few fun tips to help you achieve gorgeous glitter nails just in time for that festive soiree.
- Pick glitter polishes that complement your skin tone. Warm skin tones look great in shades such as Milani Jewel FX Specialty Nail Lacquer in 531 Gold, 580 Fuchsia and 582 Teal. Cool skin tones make their mark in shades such as Milani Jewel FX Specialty Nail Lacquer in 581 Lavender, 584 Red and 533 Silver.
- For a more dramatic effect, layer your favorite Milani Jewel FX Specialty Nail Lacquer over a complementary shade. This will give the glitter a great foundation on which it brilliantly pops.
- Chunky glitters like Milani Jewel FX Specialty Nail Lacquers provide more wattage while polishes with smaller glitter particles or shimmers like Milani Nail Lacquer in 12A Signature Gold provide a more subtle effect.
- Don’t just stop at your finger-tips, take your love of all things glittery to your toes. There’s nothing more fun and festive than rocking a blinged out pedicure with your favorite peep-toe pumps.
- If the idea of wearing glitter on every nail is overwhelming just opt to paint just one nail like the ring finger for a fun yet wearable look.
- Always seal your glitter manicure or pedicure with a top coat for extra shine and as additional protection against chipping and flaking. Try Milani Specialty Treatment in 04 Topcoat.
- Keep cue-tips or a nail correcting pen handy to correct any mistakes.
- Give your favorite French manicure an upgrade by switching out the standard white polish for the tips and replacing it with a bold glitter polish in a fun shade.